Campaign Planning Committee Report
Members Present: Marcie Stefan, Rosalie Bandyopadhyay, Dottie Faisby, Alex Chaves, Luis Garcia, Cynthia Chestnut
- Forum tonight: questions are ready, forum will be live-streamed.
- Lee’s proposal: we need to get people out to vote – it is necessary to bridge gaps between whites/blacks, liberals/conservatives
- Reaching the countryside. If the festival works, we can proceed to expand to Palatka, Alachua, and Starke as well.
- Yoho gets money from the NRA. Let’s play this to our advantage.
- Speeches will be light. The idea is to have fun with music and performances, family-oriented, fun games for kids.
- All the politicians said they would come. They will each speak for 5 minutes (again, the idea is to have fun and keep it light).
- Lee is asking for funding from the DEC. He is asking for a $500 contribution, it is mostly for advertising (not so much the event itself).
- Still discussing date and length.
Alachua County Disabilities Caucus Report, April 2018
Bill Rettinger, President of the Florida Disabilities Caucus, passed away last month. Bill’s first Vice-President has resigned his office, leaving Fred Pratt, the second Vice President, as acting President of the state caucus until a planned election held in Orlando in June.
Fred has said he would like to attend the convention in June, but has no means of transportation. Having been bed-ridden for over a year Fred would require special care to travel. If anyone can help fulfill his wish please call Fred at 352 214-8472 or Anna Angell at 352 665-3947.